Friday, November 2, 2018

Ella's Silver Moon Moonshine

GRANDMA ELLA. WE MISS YOU.
This product is named after the best Grandma in the whole world, she was truly one of the greatest women I have ever known. Janelle being first of course, right. My Grandpa left my grandma for a better life I guess, when I was very young. In fact I don't remember anything about him, but I prefer it that way. It's a very sore subject for me. So from the time I can remember, my grandma was taking on the world by herself. She was a great cook, the kindest and most generous person I knew, she was strong and tough, religious but not overboard, always there when I needed her, and she had a laugh that would make you want to tease her all day long. When I was in high school she had came to live with my dad and I as my dad was enrolled at Portland State to finish his masters in Psychology. So in a sense my Grandma helped raise me, even if only for a short time. The house I grew up in had two living rooms, so I had one and my grandma watched her "Braves Baseball" in the other. I had some friends over one day and thought I would do something to mess with her, so I stripped down to my underwear and I ran into her living room and started dancing right in front of her TV, almost like the scene from Risky Business. For about 10 seconds she wasn't real sure what was going on, then she started laughing so hard she was crying. She used to carry around a little hanky in her breast pocket, and my goal was always to make her laugh hard enough to pull that out to wipe her eyes. I definitely achieved my goal that day. Haha. We lost her 6 years ago now to Alzheimer's. The last few years of her life were very tough, mostly for us. The last time I saw her she didn't remember who I was, so I never truly got to say goodbye to her. She had a very big impact on the person I've become and the person I want to be. Thank you for everything Grandma and not a day goes by that I don't miss you. For more great articles about our Moonshine, Flavored Moonshine and product stories, visit our website.

4 comments:

  1. My husband and I recently bought a bottle of your moonshine at the liquor store in lebanon..decided we would try it for Christmas and we both love it.. Question tho that I can't seem to find the answer to is..is it gluten free? I would appreciate the information thank you and I also read the tribute to your grandmother..beautiful! I also was extremely close to my gramma we lost her 10 years ago so reading this made my heart smile thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry that I'm just now seeing this. Yes and no to gluten free. Haha. We can't claim it is but we have customers who have told us that it is, if that makes sense.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My wife and I got hooked on this Shine when we lived in Lebanon. Nobody has it in the Coos Bay area. Might have to make a day trip to get some more of this excellent spirit.

    ReplyDelete