Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Marv's Hazelnut Brew Moonshine

I'M GUESSING DAD WAS ABOUT 19 HERE.
For those who don't know, Marv is my dad, and in fact my first name is also Marvin. Not many people call me that though, pretty much only my close friends. My parents divorced when I was about 4 and Dad and I moved to a rental house they had together out in Philomath. I started Kindergarten here and would end up graduating here. For most of my childhood it was just Dad and I, in a way he was my rock, and my everything in life since I only was able to see my mom every other weekend. From a young age he was very adamant about teaching me everything he knew. Considering he is one of the smartest people I know, I really wish I would've taken more time to learn. We worked together, we remodeled houses together, we painted, we worked on cars, we laughed, we cried, and so on. He was a strict father with an odd sense of humor which made all the discipline worth it. However, like most boys, the story changed for us when I got to high school. We didn't see eye to eye, and most of the time I thought he was an idiot, of course right. But when I graduated high school I made the best decision of my life, I joined the Marine Corp. When I returned home after my 4 year tour things changed for him and I. It was the first time we both realized I had become a man, which is what my dad trying to teach me all along. Things are great between him and I now, but on occasion I look back and regret being that pain-in-the-butt kid. I appreciate everything you've done for me dad, and I appreciate the man I've become because of you. Thank you Dad. For more great articles about our Moonshine, Flavored Moonshine and product stories, visit our website.

No comments:

Post a Comment